ผู้เขียน หัวข้อ: Teammates are impressed with Geno Smith and think the Jets can win with him  (อ่าน 2417 ครั้ง)

ymakerpi8d

• บุคคลทั่วไป
Teammates are impressed with Geno Smith and think the Jets can win with him
« เมื่อ: มิถุนายน 27, 2023, 06:26:55 pm »
Geno Smith's tenure with the Jets can kindly be described as rocky, though he appears to be showing signs of maturity. He struggled as a rookie in 2013, throwing 12 touchdowns Simon Holmstrom Kids Jersey  against 21 interceptions, and with mounting, unrealistic expectations, following a 2014 lo s. Then, last August, Smith by then-teammate IK Enemkpali over what turned out to be a $600 plane ticket. He would play just once in 2015. But with the Jets' tenuous quarterback situation -- Ryan Fitzpatrick wants more money -- it's at least encouraging that Smith's teammates are impre sed with how much he's grown. "I definitely agree," Jets safety Calvin Pryor told last week, referring to earlier comments from wide receiver Brandon Marshall . "He's always on time. He's always doing the right things. At first in previous years , I saw that Geno really didn't talk to too many people.  Matt Martin Jersey But now he speaks and he goes about things the right way.   "That's what you have to do when you want guys to believe in you. You have to make sure you talk with everyone. You have to have everybody's trust, everybody believing in you. Because we're only going to go as far as you're going to take us, along with this defense. Every great team, you have to see great quarterback play." Pryor's not wrong,  Anders Lee Kids Jersey and it's probably why the Jets keep drafting quarterbacks. Smith was a second-round pick in 2013, but the team used a fourth-rounder on Bryce Petty last year, and used another second-rounder on Christian Hackenberg earlier this month. (Of the three picks, it's safe to say that Hackenberg .) Fitzpatrick, who is looking to be paid like an NFL starter (the team reportedly offered him $12 million next season), had a career year in 2015 and helped the Jets to 10 wins. But if he doesn't re-up,  Casey Cizikas Women Jersey Pryor says he's perfectly comfortable moving forward with Smith (related: What's Pryor supposed to say?)   "I do believe in Smith ," Pryor said. "He has to believe that as well. I think he's very confident. Before the Enemkpali incident happened last year, I think he was having a great camp. I think he was buying guys in. In this locker room, guys were believing in him. I'm pretty sure everything happens for a reason. "He learned from that moment. And I think he's better. Guys are confident that he can get the job done. He just has to be confident in himself, and I think he is. So far, I'm happy with the results." The good news is that the Jets' defense should again be one of the best in the league. And the offense has playmakers in  Noah Dobson Kids Jersey Marshall, Eric Decker, Matt Forte, Jace Amaro. And perhaps most importantly, Fitzpatrick was a replacement-level player before last season; if Smith can be that -- and there's reason to think offensive coordinator Chan Gailey can make it happen -- then maybe the Jets can again battle for a wild-card spot. Click here Click here Click here