ผู้เขียน หัวข้อ: Brett Favre applauds Daniel Jones NFL debut says deep down Eli Manning now quest  (อ่าน 1886 ครั้ง)

ymakerpi8d

• บุคคลทั่วไป
Brett Favre applauds Daniel Jones NFL debut says deep down Eli Manning now quest
« เมื่อ: มิถุนายน 27, 2023, 06:55:17 pm »
It's full steam ahead for the train, having now bulleted out of the station following his stellar NFL debut in Week 3, and Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre has seen this movie before. With the opting to bench longtime starting quarterback after an 0-2 start, it signifies the end to an era that began over 15 years ago in dramatic fashion, including a draft day swap that sent Phillip Rivers to the in exchange for Manning and several draft picks -- after the latter refused to suit up in California.Fast forward to 2019 and  J.J. Barea Jersey Manning is now eight years removed from his second Super Bowl win and his play has sundowned dramatically over the past several seasons. Seeing the writing on the wall, the Giants selected Jones with the sixth-overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, and in the proce s caught hell from draft analysts and fans alike who saw the move as a ma sive reach with others like still on the board. Going so far as to  at MetLife Stadium this offseason, fans weren't shy about making their feelings for the rookie known, and even before he took a single snap.Those jeers have now turned to cheers, though, after seeing Jones follow up his stellar preseason by overcoming a 28-10 halftime deficit against the Tampa to land his first career victory in a 32-31 nail-biter, and he did it without Pro Bowl running back -- who left the game with a high ankle sprain and did not return.Manning did not addre s the media following the game, but there's also nothing more he needs to say beyond the already cla sy comments he's made regarding the situation. Favre, whose legend will forever contain the controversy following the decision to move Trey Burke Jersey  on from him and promote to starter in the late 2000's, believes although Manning Dorian Finney-Smith Jersey  is saying all the right things; that there's a part of him that would've preferred Jones didn't perform as well as he did in his first outing.  Favre is clear he's not saying Manning wanted Jones to fail, but instead it may have given the elder QB an uncomfortable level of self-awarene s having seen the rookie do what he did against Tampa Bay, and potentially blames himself now for the franchise's downturn."You and I and anyone else can only speculate what Eli was thinking, but you have to think that deep down inside a part of him -- not wanted to see Daniel Jones fail but not play at the level he did," Favre said on Sirius XM NFL, . "Not that Eli has to prove anything to anyone. The short-term, it really makes you look bad."And all the things that have been leading to the team's lo ses falls back on you -- and you know that's not the case. It's hard to say, 'Heck, I gue s it's me. I gue s the reason Tyrell Terry Jersey  we are losing these games is because of me.' You have to believe that at some point that cro ses his mind."  Maybe so, and if true, Manning has done a . He's outwardly stiff-armed any talks of potentially waiving his no-trade clause and has outwardly settled into his new role as backup."I think Eli has seen the writing on the wall before this last game," Favre furthered, before leaving the door open for speculation Manning could suit up elsewhere in the future. "If anything it has solidified what we thought was coming anyway. The Eli Era, at least with the Giants, is over."As for Jones, things are off to a roaring start. Named NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his play against the Bucs, all of the naysayers have officially sat down for the moment. Things will get more challenging in the weeks ahead with Barkley set to mi s significant time, making it Jones' team more now than ever. At minimum, he's shown he has the chops to play at a high level in the NFL, though, and that means Manning will remain on Josh Richardson Jersey  the bench going forward.  "Daniel Jones did exactly what he needed to do," Favre said. "He did exactly what they had hoped he would do given that opportunity.  The kid played great and did a heck of a job in a lot of different ways."Really, from a debut standpoint, it couldn't have gone any better." Click here Click here Click here